How do you have a social life with migraines?

AlyssaWinegardenAlyssaWinegarden New Life Outlook
Hey all! I'm curious as to how you go about making/canceling plans with migraines. I'm always hesitant to make them, for fear I'll have to break them at the last minute, but I'm tired of feeling like a recluse. Do you have any advice?

Comments

• @AlyssaWinegarden - This is the story of my life. I was diagnosed in 4th grade, so I began missing school often, coming inside (from playing with friends) to go under the covers because my head hurt...and as the years passed I quit sports, could not commit to clubs/activities and eventually dates with family, friends, and others. I always feel misunderstood and at 32 years old, I still feel like I have few to no friends at all because nobody wants to deal with me or they simply don't believe my migraines at as severe as I say they are.

A few months back I couldn't drive, or leave the house for weeks. Mine debilitate me and I become ill. The absolute WORST is when I push myself to go out and I am sick with a migraine. I have a horrible time, I'm not pleasant to be around, and people honestly get upset with me. You can't win! If you stay home you feel bad and others are disappointed. If you go and don't feel well, people don't enjoy your company and that can be worse as your migraine becomes more severe.

If you suffer like I do, it's not easy. Thankfully, I have a loving husband who is always by my side no matter what. Plus, a sweet recuse dog to make me feel better. Those who understand and care will come to you.
  • AlyssaWinegardenAlyssaWinegarden New Life Outlook
    @Serkows3 Have you happened to try craniosacral therapy? We have an article on it here:

https://migraine.newlifeoutlook.com/craniosacral-therapy/

It's the only thing I tried that brought me any relief! I also got a daith piercing in August and haven't had a migraine since then, so that may be something worth trying?

Thank you for sharing!
    -Alyssa

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our Newsletter

New Life Outlook on FacebookSubscribe with Facebook

OR