When you're prone to develop migraines, you have your work cut out for you. One of your activities could be to learn all about the anti-inflammatory diet. A second will be to learn how to make comforting soups.
You know how it is when you have a migraine. You can't think about eating and don't want to eat. The problem is that the migraines can last for quite a long time and if you aren't eating during that time, your nutritional status is falling fast. Soups can fill in the gaps during these times, and provide you with hearty nutrition so your levels don't fall.
Whatever soup you make may be blended so that it's easy to heat and easy to sip when a headache comes.
How to Get Started
Here's a list of some of the top anti-inflammatory foods to include in the ingredient lists of your soups:
- salmon or other fish
- bell peppers
- hot peppers
- olive oil
- coconut oil
There are numerous ways to make soup. For example, here are some types of soups you could make for your migraines:
- Chicken Soup – This is the most comforting soup of all. When you make it, use these foods as your ingredient list: onions, tomatoes, broccoli, beets, chicken, rice or noodles. These foods have detoxifying actions in the body and are quite nourishing.
- Carrot Bell Pepper Soup – carrots, onions, watercress, ginger, garlic, celery, bell peppers. This is the ultimate in anti-inflammatory effects. The ginger and garlic are especially healing.
- Beef Vegetable Soup – Make this soup ahead of time with a beef bone, soup meat, celery, garlic, onions, butternut squash, spinach, and legumes. In fact, by always having a pot of soup in the refrigerator, you can be taking anti-inflammation action every single day. This alone may decrease your migraine attacks.
- Lamb Vegetable Soup – There's something about the lamb and mint combination that makes you feel special in this soup. Besides these two ingredients, add some celery, carrots, bell peppers, apple, zucchini, and beans.
- Salmon Potato Dill Soup – The omega 3 fats of fatty fish are precious to you when you have migraines. They will block inflammation. To the salmon, add red potatoes, celery, carrots, bell peppers, thyme, dill, and legumes.
- Tomato Soup – Tomatoes, onions, garlic, basil, oregano, and celery are the basic ingredients for this soup. Don't be afraid of buying a 4 pound or 5 pound flat of tomatoes and using at least half of them in the soup. Slice them into 1/3 inch strips and then in half and the cooking process will make them bite size.
Those who have migraines need an anti-inflammatory diet. It's actually a fun diet because you have the chance to learn how to eat wholesome foods, maybe for the first time in your life. And who knows, you may find that you end up curing your migraines and teaching others how. How awesome would that be?